Sunday, January 25, 2009

What Does A Quilter Need Most ??


Well, maybe it's not the most thing a quilter might need. We all have a fabric stash of some sort and believe me I have one. There is the fabric in my walkin pantry, the fabric stored in the garage, and the fabric stored in two of the three bedrooms. In other words there is fabric everywhere in the house practically. So what is this all leading up to you ask. How about shopping for more fabric. Yep, you heard me, more fabric. I was at the Chickasha Quilt Shop owned by Phylis (the actual name is Steelman's) with some of the girls yesterday working on the Great Pumpkin Patch Quilt when to my wondering eyes I kept seeing fabric and I was determined to buy more fabric. I told Phylis I had a list. The NNNQG has a retreat in April and one of the things we will be doing is a mystery quilt. I had a bolt of fabric at home and hoped she would help me with matching up fabric with it for the mystery quilt. She and the girls I was with helped and I bought. So here's what I got for the mystery quilt:



Next on my list was to buy sashing for the Great Pumpkin Patch Quilt and the two borders for my Road to Dixie Quilt. This is what I found:






So now I am set to finish some ongoing projects and ready for the mystery quilt at the April Retreat.

No comments: