Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Home from Cruise to the Caribbean

My friends and I got home on Sunday about noon from our cruise to the Caribbean.  We had a marvelous time and our seven days went by so very fast.  Before I start rambling about the cruise, I want to thank my friends Vickie, Carol and Sue for always helping me, for without them my trip would have been so much harder.  We left Blanchard, OK on Fri Jan 25 about 6 a.m. heading for Baton Rouge, LA.  We spent the night there. We got up early the next morning and headed on to New Orleans. This was set sail day to head for the Caribbean.(my first cruise)  We were to start boarding the "Navigator Of The Seas Ship at 1:00 p.m., however they started early about 10:30 a.m. and we were first in line.  Our excitement was building.  We went through security and of course I set off bells.  (I have 4 joint replacements)  I was told to go in a room to be scanned.  All was OK'd and on the ship I went.  It was huge and my eyes were soaking in the vastness of this ship.  Our rooms were ready about 1 p.m. We had 2 to a room and we had a balcony.






The housekeeper pulled the bed apart to  make 2 small twin size and remake the bed.

That first night we had a welcome parade on Deck 5 where the promenade to the shops are.  Our excitement was building more and more. It was so much fun watching the welcome parade.















This was our first day at sea.  Oh, did I mentioned that this was a quilt cruise?  Yes, and that evening we had our McCall's Quilting Class At Sea Orientation.  Our enthusiasm was building even more.

I will post more about my Journey later.  To be continued.

No comments: