Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring Just Can't Be Too Far Away



I just know Spring can't be too far away. My daffodils have been blooming for 2 1/2 weeks now. They are blooming better than they ever have. I think that's because my husband really kept the bushes trimmed back and it helped them show off more. In previous years they haven't done this well because the bushes crowded them out. We have had such beautiful days and today I took advantage of that by walking around the yard. I found that my hyacinths are also popping up and a couple of them are in full bloom. I always find it exciting to see the flowers coming up as Spring gets closer.

Today I started preparing for the retreat next week by cutting out the fabric for the Countdown to Christmas mini quilt our group plans to do. I also worked some on the crocheted baby blanket I have had going. I also washed the flannel and the fabric for a jacket that Karen will teach us at the March 3rd Saturday.

No comments: