Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Butterfly Embroidered Purse





Last weekend I saw a lady carrying a purse that was made out of muslin and she had some machine embroidery on it. Well, I just thought it was so cute, so I have made one of my own this week. I embroidered "whimsical butterfly" on the front and just did four small butterflies on the back. I did not do any quilting on it, except for the gusset. I did use some brighter fabric for the inside, as you can see. I am telling you I can really get into this purse making and I seem to take notice when I see one being carried by someone else. It is just a small break from doing my quilts of which I have not given up doing. Sometimes it is nice to just get something small done and feel I have finished something. LOL I get inspired by Diane's blog at sewman maniac quilter. Her blog is on my sidebar. She comes up with the prettiest purses and totes. I enjoy reading her blog. Anyway, here are pictures of my purse being added to my purse collection.


2 comments:

Diane Barfield said...

Love your little thread basket and the purse with the butterfly. How clever is that. Nice to hear you are going on retreat in December. Also, thanks for the kind words about my blog. I love the satisfaction of getting something done in a day, rather than weeks, sometimes years, a quilt takes. Have a good one.

Karen said...

I really like the witch in your header!