Thursday, February 21, 2008

Brown Bag Special 2007


The "Brown Bag Special" for our Guild started in June 2007 and was to be a Quilt Block we made ourselves and put into a paper bag with any extra fabric we wanted to supply. Those that wanted to participate drew a bag of their choice. They were not to tell whose bag they drew. Then for the next 6 months we were given instructions on what to do on the quilt. One month it was triangles and another applique, etc. It was a round robin of sorts, only one person did it all, instead of passing it around from one person to the next. We were to have it completed by our Christmas party in December 2007. At the Christmas party, every one was surprised at how their center block they submitted turned out to be in a small quilt. This was a challenge for members to get out of their box and for some it was. I did not get to see mine until this month as it was a challenge for the lady that drew my name. However, I am so very proud of it because instead of just a quilt top, I ended up with it being completely quilted. Thank you Linda for doing such a beautiful job. I just love it.

2 comments:

Char said...

What a lovely quilt. You all did a great job. thank you for your comments and I do APPRECIATE every word of it....
Char

Hazel said...

I love this quilt and what a bonus with it being quilted .Great job