Friday, June 12, 2009

My Sister's Lily




My sister passed away nearly 4 years ago. Time has just flown by. Jean always like her flower garden and one of the flowers that I always liked was a yellow day lily. I wanted to get one of the lilies from her yard. A nephew said he had some of them in pots and gave them to me. Well, I lost one of the pots. I did plant one close to the house wall so it would be protected from the weather and mainly from my husband mowing it down during the warm months. It never bloomed until this year and it was absolutely gorgeous. I would go out everyday to see how the buds were growing. Then this week I noticed it was close to opening up. I was fortunate to have 3 buds open. I am so excited about it and took pictures of this yellow lily. So now my memory of my sister's yellow lily has come full circle and brought me beautiful memories of her.

No comments: