Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Playing With Scraps

I have become a fan of Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville and have decided that 2013 will be my scrappy quilt year.  She found a scrappy flying geese quilt in an antique store.  She has given everyone a gift of how to do the scrappy flying geese.  I got really excited when I remembered years ago I had cut strips for a braid quilt and lots of strips left over.  It did not matter to me that the strips were basically the same size.  I am going to use them anyway. I also don't care that all my strips are up and down I am going to use them up.  I also joined a UFO 2013 where you start a new project each month and post it at the end of the month.  You can see the button for it on my sidebar.  So I consider these scrappy flying geese my new UFO.  This site also says you do not have to finish your new UFO.  I already have a handle on that.  So here is my new UFO for Dec 2012.  I know, I know I have started early and it is not 2013 yet.  I am just in the mood for scrappy.  After all I paid for these scraps throughout the years, so why do something with them.


                                                                                        superquilter

No comments: