Monday, July 11, 2011

How Hot Is Hot?


Justify Full
Well, let me tell you how hot is hot. 22 Days of it being over 100 degrees here in Oklahoma. 12 of those days one right after the other. This past Saturday it was 110 degrees. And the nights are not much cooler- 80 to 95 degrees. Thank goodness for the air conditioning, but I am sure we will have quite a large electric bill. Besides the heat, we have been in a terrible drought here. The grass is brown and crispy along with the farmer's pastures. I have heard on the news that the farmer's are starting to sell their cattle because there is very little hay. It seems that all around the country people are having their problems with floods, forest fires, etc. I pray one day the weather will come to those who need rain, that it stops for those don't need it and for the fires come to a halt.

I have finished piecing two of my UFO's. I think I have a PHD in quilting (Projects Half Done). I have vowed that this summer I am working on those projects and not starting any new big quilts until September. I probably won't even make a dent in those projects, but I have at least made a start. Here are the 2 I have finished piecing.

1 comment:

quilting caregiver said...

Great job on the quilts. Wish I could get motivated to do something. I think I am in a big funk. My Challenge fabric has not said a word to me, I have no clue what I am going to do with it. I sure miss you girls. I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet. Maybe the retreat will get me out of this funk. Thanks for letting me whine.
Love you.
Sue